THIS IS JUST A DRILL! A glycol loop in the power plant blew where Paul the plumber was working nearby. The power plant immediately filled with toxic vapors and Dan who was up on a ladder got the full load and passed out and fell of the ladder.
Dave was working on an electrical panel and looking what's going on behind him got an electric shock.
The cold doesn't make things easier. You have to protect parts of your fire gear (mask, hoses) from the cold so they don't break or snap, once you got a patient out of a scene, packing besides medical assistance is important since you most likely have to transport him for minutes through the cold outside environment.

Some of the pictures are quite blurry since we simulated with power off and only emergency lights were on in the beginning.

Thanks Robert Reynolds for taking the pictures.

Navigation 123Next

Navigation 1 2 3 Next
Back to South Pole 2007